OA Premium and IE9 32bit issue (IE9 64 bit good)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by country2, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. country2

country2 Registered Member

Is anyone else been having issues with W7 64 bit IE 32 bit and OA? I have been having on going problems with just the 32bit IE freezing while running OA and yes IE is set up to be allowed and even if I stop all the OA protection (firewall, webshield, program guard and anti-keylogger) it still freezes.

Usually my home page will load but if I click on a link some time half that page will load and some times none it'll freeze up right away. (believe its waiting for response from webpage)

If I close out OA all is good. No issue running the 64 bit IE but like to run the 32 bit IE due to add-ons. I also had same problem on the previous version of OA.

I posted this on emsisoft support forum last week but have received little help...thanks

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Have you tried running IE 32 bit without any addons at all?

If it works then you could add them back in one by one to see which causes it.

3. country2

Yes I tried the 32 bit IE without any add ons and still had the issue. Thanks

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Is IE shown as trusted and green in colour in the OA programs list?

Have you tried as a test reverting IE to default settings?

Did IE8 work okay with OA for you (if you had OA then)

Was IE9 an upgrade from IE8 via windows updates, or did you have the beta IE9?

5. country2

IE (32 bit) is shown as trusted and green.

IE9 is at default with all add-ons dis-enabled

IE8 did not work has same issue.

IE9 was a upgrade no beta.

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

What other security type software do you run?

UAC off or on?

7. country2

Antivirus is BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011, UAC is turned off (I know should keep it on) and have Malwarebytes but not real time just on demand. that's it as far as security apps.

8. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I can't really see any reason so far why you should have this issue, and also that you had it with IE8 32bit.

Most other OA users who run IE9 don't have the problem you have. It may turn out to be one of those weird software conflicts due to something you have installed.

Perhaps ask on the OA forum about doing a debug log of what happens with IE9 32bit when you go online, and asking if the devs would take a look at it if you did one.

By the way do you have a host file you use?

9. country2

yes I know its not a common issues and most likely something on my end. Except for a format and trying it on a clean system ( A clean image) I have tried about everything I can think of.

No host files although I used to have spyware blaster (doesn't it use a host file) but uninstalled it. But if it was a host file neither FF or IE 64 bit wouldn't work and this issue goes away when OA is closed out.

As far as ask OA forum I have posted this issue on it and well lets say due to lack of support I most likely wont be renewing it when it expires as I have gotten more help from you then I have from them.

Thanks for your help. I may install a clean image of my system and go from there or since the adobe flash beta for 64 bit seems to be working better now I may just use the 64 bit IE and let it be..Thanks.

10. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Just a couple of last ideas, when you open IE9, if you have taskmanager running is there anything 'odd' showing? (hard to define 'odd' I know :) )

Also is anything showing in your Event Viewer errors at the time you try, there may well be a clue there?

11. country2

Thought about that too but only shows a apps hang in the event nothing to really help nothing out of the norm in the task manager....problem only happens when OA and IE 32 bit runs together....

I might go ahead and wipe system and load in my clean image and take it from there and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.