OA inbound connections

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JoeBlack40, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Why OA (and OP too) by default allow inbound connections?I don't like that,and i have to search manually the inbound connections and to set them to outbound.
    Is there a way to change this,because an option by default for it doesn't exists.(like in Comodo for example).Thanks.

2. phaser

phaser Registered Member

If you want to be notified when a trusted program tries to access the internet and when it uses a new port, then go to Options/Firewall and uncheck "Automatically allow Trusted programs to access the internet" and "Autoconfigure trusted programs" (first you have to switch to "advanced mode"). See below the detailed explanation.:

I personally let it to run like this for a while (and also run some port scans) to see what programs create rules for innbound connections (for ex. svchost, system), and then I change the rule to BLOCK all inbound ports and switch to manual mode. I do this also as a "learning mode", to create the necessary rules for my usual programs (browser, e-mail client, p2p apps etc.).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Why i didn't think at that at the first place?:D Oh well,that's why wilders are here,to open your eyes.:thumb:
    Thank you phaser.I'm going to configure OA right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.