OA inbound connections

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JoeBlack40, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Why OA (and OP too) by default allow inbound connections?I don't like that,and i have to search manually the inbound connections and to set them to outbound.
    Is there a way to change this,because an option by default for it doesn't exists.(like in Comodo for example).Thanks.

2. phaser

phaser Registered Member

If you want to be notified when a trusted program tries to access the internet and when it uses a new port, then go to Options/Firewall and uncheck "Automatically allow Trusted programs to access the internet" and "Autoconfigure trusted programs" (first you have to switch to "advanced mode"). See below the detailed explanation.:

I personally let it to run like this for a while (and also run some port scans) to see what programs create rules for innbound connections (for ex. svchost, system), and then I change the rule to BLOCK all inbound ports and switch to manual mode. I do this also as a "learning mode", to create the necessary rules for my usual programs (browser, e-mail client, p2p apps etc.).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Why i didn't think at that at the first place?:D Oh well,that's why wilders are here,to open your eyes.:thumb:
    Thank you phaser.I'm going to configure OA right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.