OA adding sites as trusted

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by avboy, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Never happened before. But after upgrading to 4.5.1.431 I see some sites being added as trusted to the websites list everyday. Right now it is webprot.avira.com, webprot.avira.de and inycs-i.gy1.b.yahoodns.net. If I remove them, they are added back again. Anybody else seen this happen? And how do I prevent this?

Before any of you ask me to go to OA forum, let me say this again that I trust the experience of members @wilders the most. Will look elsewhere only if required. Thanks.

2. henryg

henryg Registered Member

These sites are "Trusted" according to Online Armor's White List. You can always mark them as "Untrusted"..... or "check-off" the box in "Ignore OA web sites list" (Web sites/ Options) .
    However, if you are updating your Avira A/V, that could present a problem if it is not "Trusted".

3. JCorliss

JCorliss Registered Member

I've also wondered about the massive amounts of sites now listed as "trusted." Definitely, this behavior is somewhat new. One option, I think, is to tick "Ignore OA web sites list" under Web Sites>>Options.

EDIT: Sorry, I see henryg also mentioned this.

4. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Hi henryg and JCorliss,

Thanks for your replies. I have been doing it for the last 3 days, and it seems to work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.