O/S License requirements for clients on PPM Host

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by MigMike, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MigMike

MigMike Registered Member

When installing the operating systems (clients) onto the Paragon Partition Manager machine (host), what are the license requirements for the clients?

For instance, say I have a Vista Home 32 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit o/s installed on the machine. Does each operating systems need to be authorised and licensed even though each one is only being active one at a time? Of course, i'm speaking from a Microsoft legal aspect not from a "what can I get away with" aspect. Any info that anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello MigMike,

I can't speak for Microsoft licenses policies, but for Paragon, each license is for per physical machine. For instance, if you have one physical machine but with 3 operating system installed, you can install Partition Manager in all 3 operation system if you wish. Though I do want to point out that you're able to modify all 3 partitions from one location (OS).

3. MigMike

MigMike Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply Tommy. However, I was being a little too vague with my question. Specifically, if I use the PPM machine as a multiboot host and install the 3 client o/s's onto three seperate partitions, would I need 3 seperate Windows licenses?

As you said, Paragon license policies are fairly clear but I was hoping someone had done this and dealt with the Microsoft licensing issues. We are going to be doing some qualification with Windows 7 and rather than install the o/s multiple times, we were thinking of using PPM to create a multiboot system. If we needed to get back to a 32 bit o/s quickly, rather than destroy the 64 bit, we would just reboot back into the 32 and verify if the issue was o/s related or software related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.