O&O Disc Image

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by whitedragon551, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Alright Im currently using Paragon Backup and Recovery v10.1 free. I recently switched to O&O for defraging. I really have always like the O&O software. Ive never had an issue with stability. Can anyone comment on their backup software?

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have one simple word. sucks. lol. but really it works okay but i hope you like to wait. it takes a long time and incrementals takes even longer than the full backup

3. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

I have used O&O to restore MANY machines. It is wonderful. The only problem I ran into was when trying to do a Machine independent restore from a desktop mainboard based system to a tyan server board system. In all fairness, shadowprotect could not restore it either.

For the money, nothing beats it in my opinion.

Hawk

4. Mister_Al

Mister_Al Registered Member

I use it and I like it. I especially like that you can do a system restore on any computer from the recovery disk. This alone has really helped me when a computer wouldn't boot into Windows.

Alan

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i would use macrium in a heartbeat before O&O and i do own O&O as well. it sits in my draw because its just soooo slow. as i said it works okay just wish they would fix the problem with the time it takes to make a incremental

6. whitedragon551

Zfactor have you used the latest version?

7. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

Just for further clarification. I do not use it for differentials/incrementals. I use it for entire image and its fast.

Hawk

8. whitedragon551

Ah. I currently use Paragon Backup and Recovery free and its fast at verifying, full images, and incrementals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.