O&O Defrag V8 and defragmenting methods

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Smokey, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

O&O Defrag offers 5 different methods of defragmenting:

- stealth
    - space
    - complete/access
    - complete/name
    - complete/modified

When I do a regular defragmentation of a volume, which method will give the maximum performance for the read access to workstations?

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

From the O&O Defrag help:
    I use this and works very well... ;)

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I will give "complete/name" and then regular defragmentation with "space" a try:doubt:

Have RTFM, and it is not really clear what the best method is, the manual is moving like a snake: you can go every possible direction, all methods are advised as "the real method"....

4. iceni 6_0

iceni 6_0 Guest

i want to start by apologizing, because i'm not answering your question. i have however got a friend who is a computer guru and he told me he tested these defrag programs and Buzzsaw and Dirms came out on top. they are so easy to use, and free. however, not for a total newbie. but, having said that the program is set and forget and i can very easily show you how to get it started, and it really will be easy. the stumbling block is having to use Dos. i'm away working at the moment so if someone needs help with this and i miss your post, either PM me, or add a brief note at the end of another thread i'm in :) so once setup you won't need to worry about defragmentation again

1, defrag with Dirms once then put Buzzsaw in startups, when i have first rebooted i go to Buzzsaw in the systray and open it and, all i have to do is tell it which drives to watch. for me it's my two partitions

i have done this since my last OS reinstall (about 8/9 months ago) and if i take a look at "Disk Defragmenter" it is just about one solid blue block apart from the green unmovable files. there are one or two very slim red files, but i think they will be taken care off. to add, this is all Buzzsaw's work and i haven't defragmented once.

this is a great freeware program. i'm not sure, but i think this is the only program the company does. the reason they wrote the program is because they weren't satisfied with other defragmanters and knew how to improve and make their program more efficient. :) again, Smokey, i hope you don't feel i have hijacked your thread and like the idea of Dirms and Buzzsaw :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.