O&O CleverCache V6.1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lu_chin, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

Has anyone used this? Does it really improve the speed of disk access in XP?

Thanks.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

clevercache is not used for improving speed of your disks. its optimizes the file cache and memory usage.

some people say these types of apps are useless or snake oil, others say this app has helped them. as for me, my computer runs just fine without it but i might give the new version a try.

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I use this in the past, and then I uninstalls it and install TuneUp Utilities 2007...this also has some system improvement tweaks maybe similar to CleverCache. In my own "felt" opinion...I think TuneUp Utilities 2007 is more better and that if you haven't got yet this software program then better get it coz it's one of most complete pc program tweaker that are safe and reliable even suitable for non-technos like us. If it has a disk defragmenter then it could be one of the super-complete pc tools and tweaker. ;)

Aside from the fact that both of them are made in Germany. :cool: :D

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hi lu_chin.

As WSFuser stated, it's a memory optimizer.
    I would stay away from any memory optimizing soft. Unless you are using some demanding app that needs a large amount of memory to be freed fast. If you want performance on your system for every day use (which is directly related to RAM), you will want to utilize your physical memory and reduce swapping as much as possible. So, DO NOT free your RAM if you want to avoid lags. Memory is relatively cheap nowadays, so save your $$ and buy some RAM modules instead.

Cheers.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I installed it once and it screwed up my computer, but I had an image ready to restore my computer and I blacklisted this software.
    I didn't really need it, I just wanted to change my compute into a Lamborghini instead of a Ferrari, but it was a wreck at the end.

6. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

You're welcome, lu_chin

Well, I used this particular software also, two years ago (don't remember the exact version), and no real harm done by it, but it is more likely that it will be counterproductive for an average user, as it always tends to free your RAM and hence force your system to swap more (defragment your RAM and then open just explorer for instance - it will take ages before it settles in memory). In an extensive use of Photoshop, Premiere or 3ds maybe, it would do its job well by forcing your resident apps (AV, firewall, services) to use as little RAM as possible and thus making your editing (in PS ie.) smoother. So, it's not useless piece of sw, but I find no benefit in memory managers in my every day use of PC.

Greets. :)

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I have been using this app for sometimes and just upgrade to v.6.1. If you are seeking a software solution to your RAM shortage and memory optimizer is your choice, then this is the one. I have tried different optimizers, they all have a problem which will hang your system during oprimization process, except Clever Cache. It works seamlessly, smoothly. you will never feel its existence. V.6.1 has fixed a bug which may not start working occasionally during window booting up. As I mentioned earlier, if you need its service, acquire it, otherwise do not bother.

9. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hey Perman.

As I said before, I was using CC in the past as I was conducting some serious Photoshop editing in the past, and found it useful. Yes, I have tried others also, and although I didn't have problems you mentioned, I found this one to be the most serious. IF you need memory optimizer, use CleverCache. O&O Software is an excellent company in general, and I daresay that all of their products are well off.

See ya. ;)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.