O.K. I took the plunge! - Questions

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by JoeyD, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyD

JoeyD Registered Member

After a reading everything I could find yesterday about anti-trojan software I downloaded TDS3 and sent in my registration information. Google took me to a lot of hacker/cracker group threads. Lots of folks there seemed to recommend it so I figured it would probably be overkill for me. You can never feel to safe :) Hopefully I will get my e-mail Monday.

Now a couple questions. Playing around yesterday I did not seem to be able to just scan my C and D drives. Is that possible? While I don't think it would be recommended I may want to do an on demand scan of just my C drive.

Also am I correct in assuming I can sent it to run in the background after my registration comes through? If so I did not see this option in any of the menus.

And one last question, Can I schedule full system scans? Say after a period of in activity or a set time daily? I already have Nod32 set to scan on startup so that option would be out.

I also would appreciate any suggestions from other users as to their settings. I did check the FanJ thread but don't really understand enough to know why those setting are good and if they are best in my case.

BTW I run Windows XP all patched up!

Thanks, Joe.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You can scan whatever you want to set up as Scan control has a set list including just your C drive or you can Browse and select a drive or folder. In explorer you can also do a right click scan on individual files or folders.

Once you have your key in place and reloaded TDS you will find Execution Protection under the TDS drop down menu, once installed it will run resident all the time that TDS is running but remember if you close TDS you will also close EP.

Personally I do not but I expect there is a script for setting a schedule an maybe you could use Windows own scheduler.

FAnJ's settings are a good guide but I would also recommend that you read TDS's extensive help file and register at the TDS private forum. Information for this will be supplied with your keyfile email.

Enjoy your TDS. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.