Nvidia's Active Armour Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ratwing, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratwing

ratwing Guest

My current PC uses Nvidia's chipsets,and I recall a earlier PC so equipped,
    that installed a firewall known as Active Armour.

At the time,being a noob,I was eager to replace it with the latest Zone Alarm or Comodo offering.

Now i wonder if it was really any good? Was it 2 way?
    How can I get a Nvidia release with a copy?

Thanks
    ratwing

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

hey ratwing,
    Here is what I found on nvidia website....."NVIDIA Firewall supports stateless and stateful inspection, Web-based management, predefined security profiles, port block filtering, remote administration, and provides an easy-to-use set-up wizard. In addition, NVIDIA Firewall has antihacking features such as anti-IP-spoofing, anti-sniffing, anti-ARP-cache-poisoning, and anti-DHCP server"
    Sounds like a 2 way.
    Looking at some of the forum topics at nvidea, it sounds like no one likes it and are having alot of problems with it. If your really concerned get a cheap linksys wrt54g or similar router with SPI and run a 2 way software firewall. ( comodo/OA/pctools/privatefirewall)
    I'm sure someone else will chime in with some "constructive" upgrading of my comments.

3. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Nvidia stopped production of the firewall . It would have been great if it were not so buggy . They never got it right and too many people complained . If you have it , replace it with a software firewall . If you do not have it now , congratulations

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Also note that nvidia firewall conflict with ZA. If you want to use ZA you will need to fully remove the nvidia firewall drivers. :)

5. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Thanks, guys for the info.
    I am better off without the Nvidia firewall, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.