Number of files scanned

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jenee, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I have an On Demand scan set up (by profile) to scan C drive only once a week and on one PC it takes 1 hour 30 minutes saying it has scanned 360,000 files. There is no way this PC has that many files. I have two other PCs with larger hard drives and more disk space used and their scan takes about 30 to 45 minutes with 80,000 to 90,000 files. I have a program which can roughly estimate the number of files and on two of the PCs it shows the number of files to be similar to the number showing as scanned by ESS. But on the PC that ESS shows as scanning 360,000 files, this program shows only about 120,000 files. I have archived all zip files and removed them, I have removed all XP Restore files and this changed the number by about 5000 files. Is there any chance this scan is scanning a file more than once?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling archives and sfx archives before you start a scan. Also you can enable logging all files which will help you find out what files are actually being scanned.

3. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I had considered logging all files but wondered if the actual log file would fall over in a heap with that many entries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.