Nuisance Download of .nup files (dialup)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SpenceQ, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpenceQ

SpenceQ Registered Member

(ESET 5.0.94.0 standalone, signature to date: 7052, 20120413)

In the past week ESET has started to download a EM002_32_IO.nup file twice. It used to just simply download the startup signature file on startup which caused no disruption, but now this huge download has begun to que my normal processing where I need to wait 30 minutes for anything I do on my computer. This file is 32 meg on a dial up system.

Last night I waited till after 1AM to turn off my computer just sos this file can download. I couldn't save my work until it was finished.

It doesn't look like a MS file. My system is set to "Just notify me when an update is ready" for MS downloads.

Can anyone help me with this problem?.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just after this post, it started to download another signature file of 35 meg. It looks like updates are no longer incremental, but downloads
    the full package every time. The spinning green icon gives the usual message "Virus signature update in progress..".

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

This large update was a base signature update being pushed out to computers which do not regularly connect to ESET's servers in order to re-baseline the virus signature database. You should not be getting repeat downloads of it unless the download process did not complete correctly for some reason or the signature database was somehow corrupted.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. SpenceQ

SpenceQ Registered Member

Thanks Aryeh for the help !. :)

I'll give ESET some time to settle my config.

Spence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.