NTOS.EXE Trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Does NOD now stop theTrojan.Downloader-Gen
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NTOS.EXE ?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Most likely YES ;)

However Trojan Downloader - Gen is too generic name , Provide more information what exactly are you asking . Have you been infected some time ago or what :thumb:

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Please look at [AVG antipsyware doesn't detect this file-why?] in Other Anti-Malware Software. That is where the trojan is discussed.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello again !

I read the thread (wasn't so concentrated) but I couldn't understand exactly and for sure if this file is real-threat/false positive .

If the file has really been submitted to Virus Total , all AV vendors (including ESET) will receive a copy of it . The OP of that thread didn't post the VirusTotal result and we can't be sure .
    Simply a file name means nothing . You can have every malware and simply rename the file to ntos.exe , then put it in the %system% dir . You can also have a simple text file/clean , rename it to ntos.exe and put it in %system% folder . It is important for AV companies to analyze what is the content of the file and what exactly it does . If this trojan is important , massive , I am sure ESET will detect it . :thumb: This is what I can say about that topic , the other is still unknown for me . :)

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.