NTOS.EXE Trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Does NOD now stop theTrojan.Downloader-Gen
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NTOS.EXE ?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Most likely YES ;)

However Trojan Downloader - Gen is too generic name , Provide more information what exactly are you asking . Have you been infected some time ago or what :thumb:

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Please look at [AVG antipsyware doesn't detect this file-why?] in Other Anti-Malware Software. That is where the trojan is discussed.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello again !

I read the thread (wasn't so concentrated) but I couldn't understand exactly and for sure if this file is real-threat/false positive .

If the file has really been submitted to Virus Total , all AV vendors (including ESET) will receive a copy of it . The OP of that thread didn't post the VirusTotal result and we can't be sure .
    Simply a file name means nothing . You can have every malware and simply rename the file to ntos.exe , then put it in the %system% dir . You can also have a simple text file/clean , rename it to ntos.exe and put it in %system% folder . It is important for AV companies to analyze what is the content of the file and what exactly it does . If this trojan is important , massive , I am sure ESET will detect it . :thumb: This is what I can say about that topic , the other is still unknown for me . :)

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.