NTLDR BLUES :(

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Disdain, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disdain

Disdain Registered Member

NTDLR BLUES

Ok, I'm a laptop tech, and I’ve been using True Image 8.0 for a few months to back up my laptop images.

Mainly, in window's 2000 and 98se (fat32, sometimes ntfs)

I've noticed, that sometimes the startup gets corrupt for both

Easy to fix on 98se (just sys the drive, and fdisk /mbr)

But, Windows 2000 is a little bit trickier.

The drive I’m trying to back up, is Toshiba 12.07g Drive with Master set (no jumpers)

I make a backup of it, (either fat32 or ntfs images, same issue for both) and when i try to restore, to and IBM drive (tried multiple IBM drives, does same thing) also set to master.

It completes, but when I install it, and then try to boot, I get NTLDR load error.

I've tried going into recovery council of windows 2000 bootable CD and then doing fixboot and fixmdr. No change.

Then, I tried this site to fix the NTLDR issue: example of…: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm#a

I've replaced the original NTLDR, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini of the Toshiba drive (master), with still no change.

(Note: if I put those files on a floppy, and boot from it - Says "corrupt boot.ini, booting from c:\WINNT" then it actually boots up fine!!!! take out disk, and back to missing ntldr)

(note: if I use HD of the same manufacture, typically works. But when I mix drives, it really acts up)

What I’d like is a way to get it too boot and fix the ntldr error and get it working...

I"M WIDE OPEN ON THIS... spent Way too many hours trying to fix and I’m about to try the new ghost. ( I hear it has the option of transferring original mbr)

Input WELCOMED!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Matthew.

Drive Image 8.0 Build 889

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Check boot.ini for the active partition - the partition(n) must have n set to the correct partition number for the active partition being booted. You can use the Recovery Console to execute "map arc" to see the arc path for each partition. A wrong arc path (generally the wrong partition number) will cause the NTLDR error.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you get the error "NTLDR is missing" please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the description of the situation.

This would allow us to provide you with the solution for the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.