ntl antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by waters, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Just started useing this,after useing Nod trial and before that antivir.
    Its command antivirus,free with ntl.
    Looking through c programes i noticed pest patrol,which was installed as part of the package.It says ppsclean x.Pest cleaning module.
    I ran it and a screen said checking dont be alarmed.
    A warning then came up saying,pest deep in operating system ,reboot into safe mode,run batch script ,cpp clean delete at reboot bat.
    I did this,but when i check again i get the same warning of pest found.There is a quarentene foulder which is getting zip files into it each time i try to clean.
    I have unzipped one to desktop and there is reg i,2,and 3and winsock2.
    I think i saw the first time it alerted ,cws and divx.
    Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong,orwhat offer program would detect and delete.I have scaned with ewido and it found nothing.
    thanks

2. waters

waters Registered Member

I hope this is a false posative.I have checked with ewido,spyware doctor,and trends removal tool and they found nothing.

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

4. waters

waters Registered Member

I had deleted all in quarantine so i scaned again.It warned again of pest deep in operating system,run in safe mode.It had put 1 zipped file in quarantine folder.
    I unziped to desktop and these were winsock reg,and windows folder,which contained a hosts file.Scaned at the 2 sites you gave me,and only 1 scaner found something which was,Arca vir found trojan q host.bf.
    Is it safe to delete.Will computer work ok with these gone.

5. waters

waters Registered Member

Forgot to add pest patrol log says Repairing hijacked hosts file at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.