ntl antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by waters, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Just started useing this,after useing Nod trial and before that antivir.
    Its command antivirus,free with ntl.
    Looking through c programes i noticed pest patrol,which was installed as part of the package.It says ppsclean x.Pest cleaning module.
    I ran it and a screen said checking dont be alarmed.
    A warning then came up saying,pest deep in operating system ,reboot into safe mode,run batch script ,cpp clean delete at reboot bat.
    I did this,but when i check again i get the same warning of pest found.There is a quarentene foulder which is getting zip files into it each time i try to clean.
    I have unzipped one to desktop and there is reg i,2,and 3and winsock2.
    I think i saw the first time it alerted ,cws and divx.
    Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong,orwhat offer program would detect and delete.I have scaned with ewido and it found nothing.
    thanks

2. waters

waters Registered Member

I hope this is a false posative.I have checked with ewido,spyware doctor,and trends removal tool and they found nothing.

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

4. waters

waters Registered Member

I had deleted all in quarantine so i scaned again.It warned again of pest deep in operating system,run in safe mode.It had put 1 zipped file in quarantine folder.
    I unziped to desktop and these were winsock reg,and windows folder,which contained a hosts file.Scaned at the 2 sites you gave me,and only 1 scaner found something which was,Arca vir found trojan q host.bf.
    Is it safe to delete.Will computer work ok with these gone.

5. waters

waters Registered Member

Forgot to add pest patrol log says Repairing hijacked hosts file at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.