NTFS for Mac doesn't recognize my disk drive!

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by eamaral, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eamaral

eamaral Registered Member

Hello!

I have two NTFS formatted external drives.
    One of them is a 1TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB Drive, that came with NTFS for Mac driver installation and is actually recognized by NTFS for Mac and works flawlessly.

The other one is a 8GB Kingston Datatraveler USB drive, that was NTFS formatted by Disk Utility using MBR partition schema and actually isn't recognized by Paragon driver. I can mount it but cannot write on it. It is always mounted in read-only mode and doesn't appears on "Available NTFS partitions" list on NTFS for Mac OS X System Preferences. Only the Seagate drive appears on that list.

Right now, I have both connected on my MacBook Air and I just can write only on Seagate drive! :(

What should I do to use my 8GB USB drive NTFS formatted on my MacBook Air? o_O

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

If NTFS for MAC was purchased together with Seagate drive, it means that it is limited to this Seagate drive only. Other NTFS partitions will be unavailable.

To get access to all NTFS drives, you need to purchase full version from official Paragon site.

3. eamaral

eamaral Registered Member

Thanks for your quick response!

Bingo! You're right! I ran a test with another USB drive and it just recognize the drive that came with driver installation.

It's a kind of weird to license only the drive that came with the software, don't you think? Anyway, do you know if is there any upgrade policy for this kind of situation, or I simply throw this crippled version away and buy the full version?

Thanks!

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Actually I don't know. It is better to ask Paragon Support team or Paragon Sales

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.