NTFS for MAC 8.0 extremely slow

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by maxap, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxap

maxap Registered Member

Hey folks,

Let me know, please, if you experience the same issue.

Quite some time ago, I uninstalled NTFS for MAC 7.5 and installed the new version 8. Now, writing to my external HDD has become extremely slow.
    It took me 3 days to copy my files onto it. (while before it could take 3-4 hours only).

Why do I have this problemo_O

PS. I had uninstalled the version 7.5 of the app before installing 8 and everything seemed to be just fine.

2. Mephist

Mephist Paragon Support

Hmmmm...8th version should be extremely fast in comparison with 7th version...
    Please, tell more about your configuration. What hdd do your use? Is it USB or FW? What Mac do you use?
    Please, submit a support request.
    Thanks.

3. maxap

maxap Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the MacBook Pro (2,53 Ghz), The HDD I have is a USB 2.0 device called Samsung Story that is quite fast. While I used to copy my files before (using version 7.5 of the NTFS for Mac), everything went very well (except of copying more than 2 files in one folder).

Can you recommend me something? Maybe I should try to reinstall the app of Paragon? :(

4. Mephist

Mephist Paragon Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.