NTFS Files/Folders Dissapeared after install!?

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by Streetwise, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Streetwise

Streetwise Registered Member

I have an NTFS volume that was read-only. I thought I'd try the trial version of NTFS for MAC (Snow Leopard) so that I could read/right to the volume. However, after the installation, I now get a blank Finder window, yet it shows that there is only 25GB left on the disc. How do I access the data if I can't see it?

Not only all this, but I can't even see the volume in Parallels/BootCamp!! Why, oh why did I try this software.... :'(

2. rpt007

rpt007 Registered Member

Hi Streetwise,

same happened to me last week with the purchased version. :mad:
    After deinstallation everything was as I had before I tried Paragon NTFS for Mac.

Most likely you are using Snow Leopard in 64 bit mode - and that's not (yet?) supported by current Paragon driver (unfortunately I had overseen this when I bought the official version) and leads to the problem you described.

Fortunately the deinstallation brought the old status back again and didn't harm anything as far as I could see for the time being. :)

Hope that helps and you are back on the road again.
    Dear Paragon people: when will the 64 bit support be availableo_O

Raimund

3. Streetwise

Streetwise Registered Member

Hi Raimund,

Thanks for your reply! How did you uninstall? Is it just a matter of dragging the Application to the trash? Or are there other things you have to do? Fortunately, I can see the drive contents from within Bootcamp (but not Bootcamp via Parallels) so I know it's still there...

Regards,

David

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I still don't have an expected release time for 64bit. Running the installation DMG file again will have the option to uninstall. If you have difficulties doing so, you can delete the following files manually:

/Applications/Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X/Manual.pdf
    /Applications/Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X/Register NTFS for Mac OS X.app
    /Library/Application Support/Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X/NTFS for Mac OS X.app
    /Library/PreferencePanes/NTFSforMacOSX.prefPane
    /System/Library/Filesystems/ufsd_NTFS.fs
    /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.paragon.NTFS.trial.plist
    /etc/mach_init_per_user.d/trial_expired_NTFS.plist
    /sbin/fsck_ufsd_NTFS
    /sbin/mount_ufsd_NTFS
    /sbin/newfs_ufsd_NTFS
    /usr/lib/libUFSDNTFS.dylib
    /usr/sbin/fsctl_ufsd
    /Library/Logs/ufsd.log
    /tmp/ufsd.log
    /usr/share/.intelligence
    /Library/Receipts/$PRODUCT.pkg//Archive.bom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.