ntdll.dll

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Krusty, May 14, 2017.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

What is this "ntdll.dll" and why is it the faulty module when ever a program crashes on my machines? Almost every time a program crashes and I check Reliability History I see this is the faulty module is responsible.

Attached Files:

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Is it installed?

If not, you'll have to get a copy and install it to your Windows System32 folder.

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's part of Windows. Try opening a Command Prompt as an administrator and running sfc/scannow

It's part of Windows. It would not be causing erorrs, if it was not there.

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Thanks Roger. I've done that just the other day but no problems were found. It s the same story on all three of my machines and also was an issue on my recently deceased laptop. I wonder if it isn't HitmanPro.Alert somehow contributing?
    What Roger said.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Quite possibly, as security software can cause such errors. For example, when I Googled it, I found a post from a few years back where Kaspersky was causing errors with ntdll.dll.

6. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yeah, I've done a bit of searching in the past too. This has been bugging me for quite a while now. : /

I'd hate to not use Alert on my machines. I used to think it was related to Norton but I've had the same problem while using Windows Defender and Avast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.