ntdll.dll issues?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SpySkipper, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpySkipper

SpySkipper Registered Member

Hi. I'm a new user of NOD32, and very happy about it. However, I just opened an RSS-parsing program (specifically TVTad), which is supposed to automatically download files for me based on a set of parameters. For some reason, when I opened it, I got the following error:

I'd never had this problem before and I think that when I first ran an indepth-scan with NOD32, it might have deleted an network-related exe file (I *think* it was nt.exe, but I'm not sure). Could those issues be related at all?

I'd appreciate any insight into the matter. NOD32 has been the major change to my computer since I last ran the program without any problems, so I wondered if there might be a connection.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Depending on why NOD32 deleted the file - and I'd be interested to hear what it's detected as, you may like to try restoring it (assuming you had quarantine selected) as a first step and see if that gets your app. up and running.

3. SpySkipper

SpySkipper Registered Member

I'm using Blackspear's settings -- and I know the said poster warned that some network-related functions might stop working because of its extra precautions -- so I think it just said that the nt.exe file might leave the computer vulnerable to exploitation, or something like that. Alas, one of my other programs was malfunctioning last week, so I uninstalled NOD32 and reinstalled it to see if that would solve the problem and I guess whatever quarantined files I had got deleted then? I had the same idea -- to go look for the file -- but it's gone now, it seems. ;)

Thanks anyway for your help.

I've just learned that someone who's using a different AV program has been having the same problem, so maybe it's not even related. :)

Still very happy with NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.