ntdll.dll issues?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SpySkipper, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpySkipper

SpySkipper Registered Member

Hi. I'm a new user of NOD32, and very happy about it. However, I just opened an RSS-parsing program (specifically TVTad), which is supposed to automatically download files for me based on a set of parameters. For some reason, when I opened it, I got the following error:

I'd never had this problem before and I think that when I first ran an indepth-scan with NOD32, it might have deleted an network-related exe file (I *think* it was nt.exe, but I'm not sure). Could those issues be related at all?

I'd appreciate any insight into the matter. NOD32 has been the major change to my computer since I last ran the program without any problems, so I wondered if there might be a connection.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Depending on why NOD32 deleted the file - and I'd be interested to hear what it's detected as, you may like to try restoring it (assuming you had quarantine selected) as a first step and see if that gets your app. up and running.

3. SpySkipper

SpySkipper Registered Member

I'm using Blackspear's settings -- and I know the said poster warned that some network-related functions might stop working because of its extra precautions -- so I think it just said that the nt.exe file might leave the computer vulnerable to exploitation, or something like that. Alas, one of my other programs was malfunctioning last week, so I uninstalled NOD32 and reinstalled it to see if that would solve the problem and I guess whatever quarantined files I had got deleted then? I had the same idea -- to go look for the file -- but it's gone now, it seems. ;)

Thanks anyway for your help.

I've just learned that someone who's using a different AV program has been having the same problem, so maybe it's not even related. :)

Still very happy with NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.