nProtect MBR Guard & Image Burning

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by CGuard, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

Hi all,

I've tried to burn the antiX Linux iso on a disc, with 3 different Image Burning programs (ImgBurn, BurnAware, Windows Image Burner), but, in all 3 instances, i got a security alert from nProtect MBR Guard informing me (in Korean) that the respective exe is trying to access the MBR.

Does the Image Burning process need to access the MBR?

OR

Is there a known conflict between Image Burning software, in general, and nProtect MBR Guard?

2. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

See this thread
    I experienced the same when i tried to burn IFW bootable disk when i had the MBR Guard of AppGuard on.Disable MBR Guard,reboot and then burn the Linux ISO.

3. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

I went ahead and disabled the nP MBR Guard prior to seeing your post/link. Indeed, that did the job. Thank you for answering, though.

If it wasn't for the security alert of the nP utility (or your answer, for that matter), i would have kept believing that these MBR Guards protect only the system partition's MBR.

Also, i was under the impression that, on a SUA, MBR's creation/modification is always prevented by the UAC...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.