Now where for TDS-3 issues? I have 2 .exe files I cannot remove

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Cyborg, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Since the demise of TDS-3 I have exchanged my licence for a ProcessGuard one.

I have gone to unistall TDS-3 and I was given a message that certain files could not be removed but that I could do so manually.

When I installed TDS-3 I created a Programme rightly ot wrongly but as advised called "Protection." I have located the "Protection" folder and tried to manually delete the remaining files.

All have gone apart from two .exe files which I am unable to remove because it says they are being used by other programmes and that I need to close them firstly.

The first is ctcms.exe which is also present in:-

C:\Programme Files\Creative\MediaSource

The second is .mmc which is present in two other areas which are:-

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 and
    C:\WINDOWS\system32

These are a real pain but now what do I do to release them? I have already right clicked on the files and under properties I renamed them to .old

I reckon this was a mistake as now when I run CCleaner as I do after uninstalling any software it is clear that my Creative MediaSource has been affected as I am now left with loads of issues.

Please if you can help - I would have just left TDS-3 on board if I have known I was going to get these problems.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

this was posted earlier in uninstalled tds3 with execution protection installed. according to jooske their is no worry's or hurry's to remove it and I agree. sorry I did not post the thread link.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Until the closure of the TDS Forum....that's where you can seek assistance.

I have moved you to the TDS Forum.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

True, you can keep TDS installed for the many nice features and the exec protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.