NoVirusThanks Signer Extractor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, May 12, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

SignerExtractor_screenshot.png
    NoVirusThanks Signer Extractor v1.0 (May 13, 2018)
    Website
    * This tool needs administrator privileges *

2. guest

guest Guest

Cool app will save us lot of time.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

So how would you use this to import 'Trusted Vendors' into ERP?

4. guest

guest Guest

Step 1) Signer Extractor: Scan a folder and then export the list of Signers to a text-file.
    Step 2) ERP: "Trusted Vendors"-dialog & "Import Signers from Text File"

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Awesome simple instructions for that and as always thanks @mood. You are always so, Interactive? :)

6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Can't find the Trusted Vendors dialogo_O??

7. guest

guest Guest

Settings > left column > View/Edit Vendors > right click > Import Signers from Text File

8. guest

guest Guest

Click on "View/Edit Vendors" to get to the Trusted Vendors dialog:
    ERPv4_Trusted_Vendors.png
    Edit: After posting it i wasn't aware that the answer was already posted #7, but instead of deleting my post i think it couldn't harm to have a picture for this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2018
  9. Rasheed187

OK cool, so this means that ERP can trust certificates that are already present on the system. So I guess with the "Trusted Vendors" feature, ERP adds certificates that are not yet present on the system?

10. guest

guest Guest

Yes. You'll high likely encounter Trusted Vendors "unknown to you" or Trusted Vendors for Applications which you don't have installed at the moment.

To make sure that only Trusted Vendors from applications which are currently installed on the system are on the list, Signer Extractor is a good choice to achieve this.
    = All Trusted Vendors in ERP can be removed and then be replaced with the list of Trusted Vendors found by Signer Extractor.

11. Rasheed187

Wait a minute, I just scanned my machine and I was a bit surprised to see certain certificates from apps that I never installed on my machine, only in the sandbox. So is this perhaps a flaw in SBIE, doesn't it virtualize digital signature creation?

And perhaps it's an idea to make it possible to scan for sub-folders. This would mean that if you select to scan C:\Windows\*, it will show you all digital signatures from the Windows folder. Now you will have to scan all folders individually.

12. guest

guest Guest

I think it is worth to mention here, too.
    As you already have found out, it simply scans all files and it also "finds" vendors of applications which are installed into a sandbox:

13. Rasheed187

Yes thanks, forgot to update this topic. But I didn't even know you could extract signatures from EXE files. I suppose that security tools also read these signatures when apps run in memory.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...tored-when-code-signing-a-exe-file-in-windows

14. guest

guest Guest

NoVirusThanks Signer Extractor v1.1 Released (November 26, 2018)
    Website

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.