NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit detected as threat by NOD32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was wondering why when I was trying to download NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit from their site my NOD32 antivirus pop-up a notification that this is a threat so I just click disconnect the download. As this antivirus is not that popular so I could not trust it and trust instead NOD32.

What was reaction on this? are u using this anti-rootkit?

Attached Files:

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit (latest build for free edition is 1.2) is completely safe download. ESET detects Themida packed applications as PUA/PUP, which is sometimes false positive as numerous software are usually compressed via packers (including Themida).

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

+1 :thumb:

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

As you can see from the popup, it is not a threat, it is a POTENTIAL threat, detected as an potentially unwanted program. You have to turn on detection for PUP's yourself in Eset, so this would normally not be detected and NVT ARK is a benign product. You can contact Eset and send them the sample to correct it.

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Just a f/p due to the Themida flag, see Cudni's post.

7. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

its a FP for sure... dont worry

btw , i never saw eset yellow window ever... is there any way that it asks for what to do or take actions ( as there is an option in kaspersky )since when i used it it does any operation automatically

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This should be discussed directly with the vendor. We can whitelist this particular file but if they decide to use a protector often exploited by malware writers to evade detection of their malware the vendor must take measures to make the software as least suspicious as possible.
    When ESET detects a PUA, you can unfold the advanced options and select "Exclude from detection" to prevent further detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.