notifications

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mcmary, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmary

mcmary Registered Member

Hi, I am trialing NOD32 for use in our organization. In general I like the program but I have found the default configuration to be somewhat "chatty." The biggest issue I haven't found a fix for is the notification that the virus signature has been updated. I know I can turn this off by unchecking "display notifications on desktop." But if I do that I don't get any notifications at all - like if the realtime protection quarantines something then there is no notification. Am I missing something or is this an all or nothing setting?

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Yeah, indeed... Check the "Display only notifications that require user intervention" checkbox under Advanced setup - User interface - Alerts and notifications. ;)

3. mcmary

mcmary Registered Member

The result is the same when I check "Display only notifications that require user intervention." Then I do not get notified if anything has been quarantined. I have entered my username in the "display notifications on the screen of this user" field and I still cannot make it notify me when it has quarantined something.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This will be possible with the next build of v4 beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.