Notifications

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Knobshine, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knobshine

Knobshine Registered Member

Just a quick question on notifications...

Is there anyway to get more detailed info in a notification about an alert that was generated by the on-demand scanner.

I get an alert like this:
    3/14/2007 22:17:03 PM - During execution of NOD32 - On-demand scanner on the computer ****, the following warning occured: An alert has been generated. See the on-demand scanner Log for details.

With an AMON alert I get a nice detailed notification telling what the threat was and where it was found.

Can i get the same type of info from an on-demand scanner alert notification?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No, it's not possible. The whole on-demand scanner log files are not sent as an attachment if this is what you meant.

3. Knobshine

Knobshine Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

Cool, so the only way to get the details of the alert is to actually check the log file of the on-demand scanner locally on the PC concerned?

-edit

I don't want the log file as an attachment I just wondered if more info could be shown in the notifications text.

something like:
    During execution of NOD32 - On-demand scanner on the computer ****, the following warning occured: C:\WINDOWS\system32\p2pnetworking.exe infected with Win32/IRCBot.SH trojan

instead of:
    During execution of NOD32 - On-demand scanner on the computer ****, the following warning occured: An alert has been generated. See the on-demand scanner Log for details.

As sometimes a client is out of town and we get this notification and we have no way of getting to the machine to check the log file and see if it is a critical issue that needs immediate attention.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.