Notifications

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Laszlo, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laszlo

Laszlo Registered Member

I just switched over from Zone Alarm to LNS, and it is providing notifications that I have never seen before. These manifest every time I boot the computer.

1. Blocked 224.0.0.22 UDP
    2. Blocked 10.196.88.1 IGMP (BootPC 67 to BootPC 68 )

Does anyone know the significance of these? Also, is there a way to turn off the notification for constantly re-occuring events like these?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2007
  2. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi Laszlo :)

I guess the packets are :

224.0.0.22 IGMP and 10.196.88.1 UDP ... No? ;)

The first one is a packet related to "IGMPv3 " router and it's used by some applications such as Azureus, Vlc, ...

The other one is a packet related to local network or a router. This local IP address is sometimes used for a access to a router setup...

The rule set have to be adapted to your connection / network configuration.

Give us a short description of the system you have, which rules set is in use,
    and may be a sample of your LNS log.

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2007
  3. Laszlo

Laszlo Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your assistance. Mine is a simple setup, a PC running on Windows XP Pro. It uses an ADSL connection through an Alphashield hardware firewall, Look'n Stop 2.05 and Phantom's ruleset.

My main concern is with what appears to be UDP probes from 10.196.88.1 (Source port bootpc=67 /Dest Port bootpc=68 that are blocked by th "Block All other packets" rule.

This appears to pass through the HW firewall, and is blocked by LNS, but the squaking is constant, and annoying. I spend as much time clearing the notification as surfing. Short of allowing the probe, is there a way of disabling this notification while allowing any other?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.