Notifications - Any Further Customization Possible?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gearscout, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

Greetings,

I'm new to NOD32 and have a few questions I have not been able to resolve reading the manuals.

1. I understand that notifications of ERRORS or VIRUSES will be sent and have tested the system with the default e-mails.

But is it possible to have NOD32 notify by e-mail when program upgrades, scheduled system scans or definitions upgrades have been SUCCESSFULLY completed?

2. I'm deploying this on a home network with 1 server and 4 clients (soon to be more, I'm sure!) What are your thoughts about the value of the 'Enterprise' version in that scenario as opposed to just trying to remotely manage the clients via XP's Remote Management features?

3. This program is written in Assembly code, right? (As opposed to C++ etc.)

Thanks!

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi gearscout:

1. The Remote Administration console will list the current version of the definitions for each client. One can also view the Scanning log from the console.

If you have Send other warnings to: (in the Notifications tab - configured in the mirror .xml) with an e-mail address filled in and the SMTP server filled in (correctly ;) ), then Program upgrades will be e-mailed to notify of successful completion (I saw it a few thousand times from 2.000.9 to 2.12.2).

2. The Enterprise Edition is very cost effective for this scenario (especially if you have to go up 2 flights of stairs ;) ).

3. The core engine is written in assembly. Marcos may be able to shed light on the GUI.

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

We have an office not too much bigger than your home network. I was wondering the same thing myself, so I e-mailed Eset asking for an evaluation version of the Enterprise edition. I tried it, and I was hooked. As rumpstah points out, it does not cost too much more, either. I think the 30 day trial is certainly worth looking at.

4. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

Thanks Rumpstah and alglove,

Yes, I am working with the Admin version...trying to sort out whether that is something worth a "home user" to pursue.

It is expensive. Fully twice as expensive as the "Family Pack" solution.

The point is, and Rumpstah, correct me if I'm wrong, you ony get e-mail notifications if there is a FAILURE. OK...I need to examine the current install, but from what I see in my notifications, I'm only being told if there is a problem. ..not if there was success in UPDATING, SCANNING etc.

The LOGS show the successful updates, but no e-mail is sent.

I have BOTH Alerts and Virus alerts active and forwarding e-mails. But the system successfully upgrades without a notification that I've seen so far.

We'll wait and see how it plays out over the next 30-days or so.

We are already using the Admin "Trial" version. We're also looking at the beta...and I must say, with some concern.

Some threads have said the you won't be able to "disable" the virus checking. As I made clear to Rumpstah in private notes, it's really important to me to be able to disable modules or ALL of NOD32 on demand.

Thanks for the input !!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.