Notification of Scheduled Scans?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ardmore, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardmore

Ardmore Registered Member

Shortly after installing NOD32 (v4), I used the scheduler to set up an in-depth scan to run weekly.

Is there a way to have NOD32 give automatic visual confirmation when this scan is in progress, beyond animation of the tray icon?

The ideal would be for the main user interface window to open automatically as the user-scheduled scan begins, and show the progress bar, etc.

Failing to find any such option, I thought I could at least receive automatic notification that my scheduled scan had *completed*, by going into Advanced Settings/On Demand Computer Scan (for the applicable profile)/Threat Sense Engine Parameter Setup/Other, and ticking “Display notification about scan completion in a separate window.” Unfortunately this setting doesn’t seem to have any effect on scheduled scans I create; it only seems to apply to scans that I start manually.

I also went to Advanced Settings/User Interface/Alerts and Notifications/Advanced Setup, and chose the most “verbose” settings possible. Still made no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want SOME way of seeing when a scheduled scan is in progress (or completed) without depending on being close to the pc and noticing the discreet tray icon animation.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The start of a scheduled scan is announced by a balloon notification and the animated tray icon indicates it running.

Attached Files:

3. Ardmore

Ardmore Registered Member

Thanks.

Shortly before I read your reply I thought, "hmmm, I have balloon tips disabled -- could that be the notification?" And sure enough...

I find the XP system balloon tips annoying and mostly unnecessary, but this one would be useful. So I'm going to nose around for a utility that allows only pre-selected balloon tips to appear in XP. But if anyone happens to know of such a utility, please pass it along. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.