Notification Missing in 10.0?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RonJeffries, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonJeffries

RonJeffries Registered Member

I'm test-driving Home 10.0. In the options pages, there is no notifications item in the options tree, so I cannot set up email. I have not yet purchased the product and therefore it is not registered. Are notifications via email supposed to be there and working? Advice, please.

2. RonJeffries

bump. are notifications supposed to work in home 10.0, before it's registered, or not? will they work after notification? thanks!

3. jonwallace

jonwallace Registered Member

The option is present on my registered version (build 4817), but I haven't tried it yet.

4. jsl

jsl Registered Member

I've used the email notification ok in 10. The notifications don't give a lot of info. Just "Operation completed successfully." Doesn't even say what the operation was or any details. But at least the email does get sent ok.

5. RonJeffries

I don't even have a notification item in the list of options. Attached is a pic of the options window in edit backup.

I'm just trying to find out whether notification is supposed to be there before I register, and/or in the free version, or if there is something terribly, tragically wrong ... ;)

Attached Files:

6. RonJeffries

OK. No response from my support emails, no useful response here. Much as I thought I liked True Image when I was trying it, this tells me something important about the product as well. Looks like Genie is going to get my business. I'm saddened: I really wanted this to work out. The True Image email notification looks like it would work better than Genie's -- if it would work at all. Bummer.

Ron Jeffries
    www.XProgramming.com

7. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I don't have version 10, but the User Guide says:
    "To set up e-mail notification, select Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> E-mail:"

8. RonJeffries

Yes. There's no notifications option there ... see the pic.

Attached Files:

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ron,

Out of curiosity, click on Help > About and let us know what the Version and Build Number is.

Regards

10. RonJeffries

Help about says this:

Acronis® True Image Home® Trial version 10.0 (build 4,871)

I am /not/ registered. One possibility is that that's the problem ... but I'd like to verify that before I register and pay ...

11. drdanny_orig

drdanny_orig Registered Member

Well, I'm running a full (paid-for) ATI Home 10.0 (build 4871) and my options menu looks different to yours:

Attached Files:

12. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Did you install over an existing version of TI?

13. Menorcaman

O.K. Thanks for the confirmation. Seems very strange as Acronis Support have always maintained that the Trial Version of True Image running under Windows is fully functional, albeit it has a 15 days time limitation (the bootable rescue disk you create has no time limit but can only restore images). Hopefully someone else using the trial version can check this notification thing out.

By the way, I'm not sure whether you are aware but the Trial versions of TI can't be unlocked to a Full version. You will need to purchase and download/install the full retail version. You will be notified of its Serial Number key. After that, create an account and register the product in order to download future updates.

Regards

14. RonJeffries

Thanks for the tip on the extra download. I rather wish support would take a look at this ... otherwise we're just speculating.

But if it's a different version, I suppose that would be a possible explanation ...

:doubt:

15. Menorcaman

Hi again Ron,

Just downloaded and temporarily installed Trial Version TI 10 Home Build 4871. I can confirm that there is NO option presented for E-mail Notifications (my Options screen was the same as yours). So it turns out that the Trial version isn't fully functional after all :cautious:.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  16. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Menorcaman, I removed the ScreenShots of v10 my Nephew emailed me. I misread your post. After reading again, I realized you got the Trial version, and probably already know what it looks like.

17. RonJeffries

Excellent! Thanks! You just sold a copy! They owe you a commission. Might be enough for a latte ...

Thanks again,

18. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RonJeffries and Menorcaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the provided information. We appreciate your collaboration.

Please note that this issue has been forwarded to our Quality Assurance and Development Team. We will let you know the results of their investigation as soon as possible. As this can take a few days, we apologize in advance for any delay with response.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

19. RonJeffries

I purchased the package, and sure enough, notifications do work. It does seem that not quite EVERYTHING is the same between the trial and the paid version.

I also had to install twice. The instructions seemed to say that it could do an upgrade OK but in fact after the first install, it was still coming up in trial mode. So I removed the package entirely and installed and now everything seems to be OK. Might want to look into the install over a trial.

Thanks all.

20. Menorcaman

Ever since the introduction of TI 8.0, installing over a previous version or build, whether it be Trial or Full, has been somewhat temperamental. Therefore, despite what it says in the Acronis Online FAQs or the True Image User's Guide, I find it best to always uninstall the current installation via Windows Control Panel's "Add or Remove Programs" wizard before upgrading or updating.

Regards

21. RonJeffries

The main thing that bothers me about all this is that I understood this to be the official Acronis support forum. What I'm seeing is that actual Acronis people are pretty thin on the ground here, and that whoever is here (Aleksander so far) is far enough from the real situation that he has to forward information to QA and Development.

So far, the product is working fairly well, but compared to hearing directly via email from an Exec VP of one of its competitors, I'm a bit worried about the support side of things.

We shall see ...

Ron Jeffries
    www.XProgramming.com

22. como

como Registered Member

AND finding and entering all the various versions serial number every time a new build or version is installed

23. shieber

shieber Registered Member

That looks like the version 9 screen. In version 10, besides Appearence, Default Backup Options, and Default Restore Options is "Notifications."

sh

24. RonJeffries

I don't know what other screens it may LOOK like. What it IS, is the version 10 screen, trial version. Paid version looks as it should.

25. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RonJeffries,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I have received the reply from Acronis Quality Assurance and Development Team. Please note that the issue with missing "Notifications" button in the options of the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home was fixed. The fix will be included into the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Please also note that at this moment the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home should be un-installed prior to the installation of the full version of the product. We will surely fix this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.