Notice! a change in the Auto start etc,etc

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tutankamon, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

I know this question has been asked in the past, but in order to get a definative answer I will ask again. When TDS3 informs that there has been a change in the Auto start, and a change in the Win.ini, how on earth do I find out what that change was? I folow the instructions to view the files but cannot detect any changes,also is the change harmful?
    Now for the big question!! Will TDS4 not only alert me to any changes in Auto start & Win.ini, but will it also highlight those changes, preferably in RED text, and state whether the changes are harmful or not?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Tut! the indication is on the wishlist at least for the autostart, for the other files o_O?
    Did you install anything or uninstall or change important settings somewhere?

3. tutankamon

Hi Jooske,
    Yes I have installed and uninstalled programs recently, but I would expect TDS3 to differentiate between a normal install / uninstall performed by the user, and an install / uninstall performed by a trojan, I also run Reg protector from DiamondCS, do the two not inter-relate?

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

The programs dont work together unfortunately, we recommend if you have a few minutes to install ASViewer which will show all possible autostarts (files, drivers, services)

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=asviewer

Highlighting of changed registry entries is a requested feature in TDS-4, we will try to impress you :) Real time registry monitoring is also requested, ASViewer will have a friend called ASGuard which will alert you to any changes as soon as they happen. This is the best approach really :)

5. tutankamon

Hi Gavin,
    I have downloaded ASviewer, I will try it out shortly. I am glad that TDS4 will lead me by the hand as reguards changes in Auto start, etc, etc, because I am old and dim! and require lots of help.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Tut, we all do need that, another reason why we all love DCS so much to guide us!
    After a while, when you look back, you notice how much you have grown in the meantime, which you don't realise walking each day several steps ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.