Nothing Is Working!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CDHickey21, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDHickey21

CDHickey21 Registered Member

The program is hanging up at the splash screen and when I try hitting F11, nothing happens at all. What can I do ?

2. Dogbert

Dogbert Registered Member

Using <snip> instead.

This is the Acronis official support forum - where people seek support for this application - not where you advertise other applications - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2004
  3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Dogbert,

You last post has been removed.

It is not helpful when a person asks for specific help with a problem to tell them to stop using the product entirely, especially in that product's own support forum.

Maybe you don't like Acronis True Image, and maybe you don't want to use it, that's fine - it's your decision. But a lot of people do want to use it and it works fine for a great many of them.

4. coppertrail

coppertrail Registered Member

CD - Hello, I'm not currently using Acronis TI 8 (ahem, awaiting my email for the order I placed @ 9 am est this morning, cough cough ;)

Anyhow, this is worth a shot. The hanging could be related to an application/process that is running in the background, possible something that is starting up with Windows. I recommend Startup Inspector for Windows. With this freeeware utility, you can remove problematic apps that start up with Windows. Check this program out, you may be amazed at all the junk that is starting up from the Windows registry. I keep a very clean "run" key, and have very few issues. It is definitely worth a shot! :)

5. coppertrail

coppertrail Registered Member

Another thought! :) When I installed the trial of 7.0, I remember I went through a similar situation because I had shared drives. I had to wait a while before it would come up. In this case, just go do some errands, have lunch, whatever, and it should eventually come up.

The reason for this was it had to scan the network drives as well, even though it wasn't going to back them up. I remember that I just had to wait it out . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.