Notes on network imaging

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mecalvint, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecalvint

mecalvint Registered Member

Hi all,
    my main interest in TI is domain network imaging.

Would much appreciate it if you can add your own experiences to the notes I have below:

(scenario: you have source-A, and you boot to CD on client-B)

1. Make sure you have file-sharing and TCP/IP running on source-A
    2. Make sure source-A has entries for client-B in its HOSTS and LMHOSTS files.
    3. Shares on source-A should be less than 12chars.
    4. Shares on source-A should be Everyone-allowed.
    5. Don't share drives, instead share folders. For example, if you share C:, very difficult to see the drive, instead share the exact folder of the images.
    6. On client-B, at eth0 network options, only enter the IP address and subnet mask, but nothing else. I have a legit gateway and DNS server, but entering those actually caused problems.
    7. On entering the IP address, enter one that source-A knows about (i.e in its HOSTS and LMHOSTS files)
    8. The network info is a one boot deal. If you need to change the info in eth0 such as IP address or even if you want to see new shares on source-A, forget it. Reboot client-B everytime you need to change a network setting.

TI is the RELATIVELY the best solution for network imaging. One CD does it all. Just wish that the bugs were not there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.