Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WildByDesign, Oct 16, 2015.
64-bit builds of Notepad++ coming soon!
Notepad++ 7.0 Release Candidate! 64-bits!
The final 7.0 release of Notepad++ (including 64-bit build) is expected before the end of September. There appears to be a second RC build available which was compiled 2016-09-20 that is more polished (a new icon) and works tremendously well thus far. As a matter of fact, I've used the first RC build since release with zero issues. I would expect that if this second RC build from 2016-09-20 goes well for testers that it could very well become final 7.0 build very soon.
Release notes from the second RC build (appears to be one addition compared to previous:
Notepad++ 7 Release - 64-bit available
WBD...thank you for the info!!
Notepad++ 7.1 has been released! (many bug fixes since 7.0)
Spoiler: Notepad++ 7.1 Release Notes
Please note that 64-bit builds require 64-bit plugins and the plugin authors are still catching up with the 64-bit releases. The Plugin Manger itself still is not available as 64-bit either as of yet.
Notepad++ 7.2 has been released!
Spoiler: Notepad++ 7.2 Release Notes
WildByDesign, thank you very mucho!
@hayc59 You're welcome, my pleasure.
Notepad++ 7.2.1 released
right on and thank you
Notepad++ 7.3 released!
Notepad++ 7.3.1 released
This is a minor release with one fix and one enhancement:
Notepad++ v7.3.2 Released
13 Feb 2017 21:30:00
• Fix crash issue on column mode editor.
• Fix "Use new style save dialog" setting's regression.
• Enhance "Open file" command - open a file from editor zone without selecting its full path.
• Fix word char list settings not applying on next launch issue.
• Fix block uncomment for line comment bug.
• BaanC Language is surpported.
• Add error notification on run dialog.
• Fix the caret position not maintained issue between document move.
• Fix caret goes to wrong position after word completion.
• Enhance Function List for supporting language.
• Add check mark in Language menu.
• Fix toolbar not showing issue while launching Notepad++ from system tray in some unknown configuration.
Notepad++ v7.3.3 Released
v 7.3.3 - Fix CIA Hacking Notepad++ Issue
Spoiler: Bug Fixes & Enhancements v7.3.3
Notepad++ 7.3.3 bug-fixs & enhancements:
1. Fix CIA Hacking Notepad++ issue (https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_26968090.html).
2. Fix mouse wheel to task list scroll crash bug.
3. Fix flickering issue while switching back after modifying or deleting a document from outside.
4. Support Motorola S-Record, Intel and Tektronix extended hex file formats.
5. Improve multi-line tab: maintaining the selected tab position.
6. Fix add char into word char list bug.
7. Add Shift+Enter in Find dialog for searching in the opposite direction.
8. Fix a regression that delimiter settings is not retained correctely.
9. Add clear command button in shortcut mapper.
10. Enhancement: file extension supported in Load/Save Session dialog if a session file extension is set.
1. NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
2. Plugin Manager 1.3.5 (32-bit x86 only)
3. Converter 4.2
4. Mime Tool 2.1
Updater (Installer only):
* WinGup v4.1
Notepad++ v7.4.0 Released (14 May 2017)
New main feature: Document Peeker
Spoiler: v7.4 New Features & Bugfixes
Notepad++ v7.4 new features and bug-fixes:
Add document peek feature (while mouse hovering on tab).
Add peek on document map feature.
Fix issue with clicking links in html/js/asp/php.
Fix folding vertical line loses colour after changing folding style via Preference dialog.
Enhance folding feature (multi-line quotes) for python.
Improve certificate verifying method.
Fix issue of losing syntax highlighting while changing file extension (by "save as").
Enhance the UI of "Windows" dialog (Menu "Window->Windows...") for sorting.
Apply the new file custom encoding (Unicode or not) while opening an empty content file.
Improve whitespace visibility while the visualization of whitespace is activated.
Support RTL for header and footer printing.
Add a warning message for launching folder as Workspace while both files and folders are dropped in Notepad++.
Drag and dropping tabs is possible in multi-line tab mode.
Fix issue of right clicking on multiline tabs.
Add new moving tabs with mouse wheel feature (SHIFT + Mouse Wheel)
Fix text on active tabs (multi-line mode) being clipped problem.
Fix regression for saving session file (for session file extension, if set).
Enhance saving workspace file by adding workspace file extension (if set).
Fix change.log always opened issue.
Thank you mood