Not sure where to post this - did I get infected by viewing this site?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SpongeGuard, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpongeGuard

SpongeGuard Registered Member

Went to youtube, hit shift+enter and firefox, being the weird browser that it is, added a .net to the .com address (because of the shift+enter)

The end result was a redirect to iwsearch.net (particularly -http://www.iwsearch.net/find.html-). Wondering if there is anything malicious here? Firefox is running adblock plus + noscript, and my browser is sandboxed (running win7 64bit)

I've got no idea where to ask this, since wilders doesn't seem to have a "general security discussion" forum. Since it seems to be malware related, I just decided I'd post here where the malware experts are.

Suffer from paxil-enhanced OCD, so bear with me!

I'd appreciate tips on where to post this, if this is an incorrect section, and I'd appreciate it even more if a mod would move it (again, providing this is an incorrect section)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
  2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

3. SpongeGuard

SpongeGuard Registered Member

Aye, but according to virustotal's url scanner and urlvoid's scanner (1/16) it is not going to infect just by visiting. mywot is the only website that flags it, so idk

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Mcfee also says it is ok as Norton

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

AVG LinkScanner reports it free of exploits as well.

-Edit-

By the way, URLVoid not always provides up-to-date reports. I've verified for quite a few times that both Browser Defender and Norton SafeWeb (they have same ratings) would report it clean in URLVoid, while checking on both would report as being malicious websites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.