Not sure where to ask this but , I need MAJOR HELP.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by redducati01, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redducati01

redducati01 Registered Member

Spy Sheriif has got my desktop and won't let go. Tried everything Ewido, cleanup , Hijackthis and defender beta 2. I'm totally lost. Now at start up Ewido says it grabbed Spy axe and blocked and cleaned. I am completely o_O When I right click on desktop it just freezes wwith the hour glass. ANY HELP, Any thing PLEASE, again totally lost. Thanks, Scott

2. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

3. redducati01

Thanks old rebel , will look into trying, but would appreciate others input as well. just not very computer literate. That hijack this prgram really did me in I think. P.S. Go gamecocks.:thumb:

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

try running ewido in safe mode.

as for hijackthis, have u posted teh results at SpywareInfo forums or security forum that does logs?

5. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

If'm afraid I can't tell from your post what steps you have already taken. Did you follow the steps at CastleCops for SpyAxe? They also have a HijackThis forum that will help you. And running Ewido in Safe Mode is important. Keep us posted of your progress. Run your anti-virus as well. The Vundo instructions are only if the SpyAxe removal does not clear it up.
    CHSAFE: Getting into Windows Safe Mode
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
    Any good HijackThis forum can help you clean up what if left after you do what you can. Do not attempt to use HijackThis by yourself.
    And yes, Go Gamecocks!

6. redducati01

Yes ran ewido in safe mode 3 infected files plus 3 cleaned files and removed several from the quaratine. still on start up ewido reports spy axe. no change in desktop, will try castlecops . are spy sheriff and spyaxe the same maybe the desktop all white and blocked is spy axe, not spy sheriff.

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ive had to clean a comp with spy sheriff before...try running ewido in regualr Windows. also make sure to run it from all user accounts if necessary.

8. redducati01

Regarding Spysheriff problem; You guys rock, thanks old rebel. castlecops did the trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.