[*not so new* Suggestion] SafeOnline

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by m00nbl00d, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

This may sound like beating up the blind man/woman too many times, because some people have already asked it, but I'd like to suggest the following, which I believe would be great for both sides.

Whether we're talking about users of the paid SOL version or the Facebook free version, some users - myself - have expressed it would be great not to have Prevx running real-time. My idea goes around that, but without killing the Prevx CSI component; so, what about just starting SOL, when a browser session is started, instead of system boot? This could be achieved by a scheduled task o_O Even allow users to add their own browser paths, like I have Chromium in different folders.

Someone may throw a better idea. The base is here. lol

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Unfortunately this is not feasible because it leaves the system wide open to a threat attacking Prevx. SafeOnline has to rely on the self protection elements of Prevx and the realtime monitoring components to be aware of what is on the PC. Antikeylogging and antiscreengrabbing pieces are very straightforward and could be done in the way you're describing, however, the real value of SafeOnline comes from the way that it blocks Zeus, Caberp, Silon, and the myriad of other complex information stealing trojans. To do this, it needs to remain active as these threats constantly try to inject themselves into various places and modify memory in realtime.

Additionally, assuming no layer of defense is perfect, SafeOnline is able to close some of the gap of potential problems by leveraging Prevx 3's proactive defense. Even if you don't have the full paid version of Prevx 3 installed, we can still use it to block threats so if something were to ever get past SafeOnline, we can block it immediately and clean it up, even if you don't have a cleanup license.

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Let's see this one :D

What about allowing to run SOL only for a specific user(s)? I'll explain. I have created different accounts for family members, being that one of them is for accessing bank account. SOL makes sense to be running in this specific account, but IMO it doesn't make sense to run in the other accounts, unless in one of the other account that is used for general web purposes, the user accesses a website where is needed to enter credentials.

So, it only makes sense IMO to have SOL loaded in such accounts, and leave it disabled to the others.

It could be done via settings, where we could choose which accounts to have it enabled for.

What do you think?

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Definitely a good suggestion :thumb: We'll be adding more user-specific configuration in Prevx 4 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.