Not seeing server during bootup disk restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by diehardfan, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diehardfan

diehardfan Registered Member

My setup: Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 on 4 computers which have only Remote agents and a Server on the same network with Management console and Backup Server installed, all system run Windows XP Pro.

The server backs up 4 computers everyday over the network and stores the image on the server hard drive. Yesterday, one of the computers has problems booting up (hal.dll missing). I used Acronis bootup disk to boot up and got into acronis recovery console but I could not see the server over the network and even could not see in under Tools-->Options -->Network adapters.
    What do I need to do so that the computers sees the server (with the images) when I need to restore with bootup disk?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello diehardfan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

I'd recommend you to make sure that the build of the software you are using is the latest one and download it if it's necessary. Please note that it's necessary to recreate Bootable CD after the latest build installation.

If this does not help the reason of the issue is seemed to be in network settings or NIC improper detection under Acronis Bootable Rescue CD. So in order to find exact reason of the issue could you please provide us with additional information? So it's not clear from your post whether the Network Adapter is detected correctly under the Bootable CD or not. As you know this can be found from Tools -> Options -> Network adapters. If the NIC is detected but the connection can't be established you will probably need to adjust network settings manually (if DHCP server is running it should assign IP automatically and no manual settings are needed). Please tell us if the suggestions helped you.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.