Not Feeling Good About Comodo

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dieselman, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

You all know I am a fan of Comodo but I recently tried the System Shutdown Test and Comodo failed the HIPS part of the test. I did not like that. It passes the GRC test and the PC flank test but failed on this test. So I said to myself lets try Online Armor. And guess what...................It passed the HIPS tests and all other tests. I love my Comodo but now I just are not sure. :oops:

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Oh dear. Is there a link to that test?

P.S: Don't forget that OA doesn't collaborate well with your games. Maybe a "I always go back to ZA" is preferable?

3. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

4. Dieselman

5. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

I pass with antileak mode.

The program can kill every process but cfp refuses to shutdown and can stop the 3 tests included with it.

6. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Not feeling good, take an aspirin. Just remember, the key to security is to avoid installing malware in the first place. Measures that detect malware after installation are nowhere near as valuable as those that prevent, or detect before it is installed. Furthermore, many of these tests are not fair in the sense that the test is a very narrow implementation of a concept that would be a portion of an attack. There are other elements to an item of malware that might be detected or prevented by existing defenses. Both OA and Comodo 3 offer many types of protection, but there is no substitute for being careful.

7. subset

subset Registered Member

Ask Mike if he would make a special build for you which fails the System Shutdown Test.
    Just for your mental equilibrium ;)

Cheers

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Perhaps, the grass is greener on the other side of fence, OR

She is right, " Ha, baby, you will always come back to Mom's home-made cooking." or, DIY-do it yourself, probably is THE best solution to the programs hopping. :-*

9. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Seems to be a logical progession

10. Dieselman

Which version are you using Coolio. .295? Thats what i was using.

11. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Too bad OA doesnt run properly on Vista. It doesnt support Vista their website says:

Minimum requirements: Online Armor currently runs on Windows NT/2000/XP. This program is not suitable for Windows Vista.

12. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Yes .295 with the new antileak mode but you should pass anyway because you have the full defence+ while i have half of it on.

13. Dieselman

Both .295 and .277 fail for me. Thats with fresh installs and D+ in clean pc mode. The HIPS test says auto start created.

14. Dieselman

Ok I did a complete uninstall of Comodo and all registry entires. I made about 3 clean boots and then reinstalled Comodo and the HIPS test passed. :D

15. pitzelberger

pitzelberger Registered Member

o_O

Quite strange.

Unfortunately, in reality, a virus won't ask you to reboot 3 time your PC, before he is trying to infect your system.

16. Dieselman

3 reboots isn't what did it. I rebooted 3 times to make sure all Comodo files were gone. A virus is stopped by my NOD32 thank you very much. Firewalls are not to stop viruses as much as malware and spware.

17. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

First of all Comodo does pass it, please, check on Comodo's forums how to pass this test, since basically everyone else passed it as well.
    Most likely it's about conifguration thing, since after a week of using my CFP 3.0 I decided to use Custom Policy with Paranoi mode.
    However, you should ask this on Comodo's forums, since poster Vettech poste there that he actually passed these tests.

18. Dieselman

You must not have read my post. I got it yo pass. The PC Flanks test, GRC leak test and system shutdown all pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.