Not enough room

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by michaelt2004, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelt2004

michaelt2004 Guest

Can someone explain to me why if I'm imaging a drive with 25gigs to a 19 gig hard drive that I'm compressing so that it becomes more like 15 gigs, Whyam I
    getting not enough room for the image. I tried this on 2 different computerso_O?

2. logsdon

logsdon Guest

I'm having the exact same problem. I've created a partition of my main drive (through Acronis) that's 42gb. In the screen prior to creating the backup, I'm told that the maximum compression option will need 30gb of space. I wait 3 hours, and with 20 minutes left to go, it stops the process because I'm out of space. I'm a bit frustrated...

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Most likely due to the fact that the compressed image size calculated (guessed?!!) by TI is only an approximation. The actual compression/file size achieved depends on the type of data being imaged e.g. jpeg, mpeg, mp3 and avi files = very little potential for further compression. TI carries out "in-use" sector based imaging and I doubt whether it actually analyses the data in these sectors.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.