Not enough privileges to start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jerry Paquette, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Paquette

Jerry Paquette Registered Member

I've been searching for a solution to imaging better than Ghost 2003 which is what I have been using to date. My attention has been drawn in various ways to Acronis.

I finally made some time yesterday to download and test Acronis True Image Home 10. So far, I am more than impressed with it and plan to purchase it for my main home machine in the near future as long as my testing experience continues to be positive over the next few days.

Today I also downloaded Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 to see if it would offer a workable alternative to Ghost for imaging my office machine. Our institution, unfortunately, provides no image backup for workstations on our domain. More than once, as a result, Ghost has rescued me from a nasty situation with my office machine. It is, however, more than a little bit of a hassle for me to have to take a USB drive to the office and use Ghost on DOS diskettes to create an image. Hence, I thought True Image Workstation 9.1 might allow me to image to a network drive. If it did so, it would be well worth the price to get rid of the Ghost hassle.

Unfortunately, however, I cannot even start Acronis True Image Workstation. When I try to start it, I get an error message that states “You do not have enough privileges to start Acronis True Image Workstation.”

I am a machine administrator on my office machine (XP Pro, SP2, all updates, member of Faculty domain) and I am logged on as administrator.

Could anyone please tell me whether I can use True Image Workstation as a machine user—or what I need to be a system administrator, which of course I will never be.

Thanks for any help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jerry Paquette,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Most likely the reason for that error is Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation was installed from another user and not for All users.

We recommend you to uninstall Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and install in from the current administrator for All users.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Jerry Paquette

Jerry Paquette Registered Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled Acronis workstation 9.1 on my office machine this morning taking special care to make sure that I chose to make it available to all users. Nothing, unfortunately, has changed however -- I keep getting the same error message!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.