Not Deleting Temporary Internet Files

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by starlight, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlight

starlight Registered Member

I installed MRU Blaster and went to the plugins. I set it to delete the cookies and it does so. I set it to clean the temporary internet files and it DOES NOT do so. They are still there. I had MRU Blaster once before and uninstalled it because of the same problem. Everything is set as it should be. Why is it not deleting my temporary internet files ? Help Please.

Thanks

2. starlight

Thanks a bunch. 8 views and no answers. I found the problem myself.

Problem solved.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi starlight,

I am sorry you did not get your question answered as quickly as you'd have liked in this thread, but you did receive a reply to your earlier thread where you posted the same problem:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=38201

Tassie_Devils had given you some steps to try but you had not reponded back to that thread to let us know if they worked or not.

I am glad to hear you have since resolved the problem.

Regards,

snap

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Starlight... welcome to the forums :)

Sometimes it takes time for an answer, as everyone in here does not know *all* the answers to certain problems, so there may be lots of 'views' first before an answer. I only just saw this post now myself. ;)

Would you like to share with us what you did, in case someone else here looking can see the solution.

I am guessing, that you did not have the Temp file plugin configured first with a checkmark beside the 'Enable automatic IE Temporary Internet File........' option?

hmmm.... maybe not... you said it was.. but maybe did not 'SAVE the plugin'..

or have a different path to temp files??

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

5. starlight

Hi Tassie Devils. The only thing I did was reboot my computer and then all the temporary internet files were gone. I am glad because I have to delete them manually everytime I go off line. I like to clear them out whenever I go off line, so with MRU Blaster clearing them out, it saves me time . I like the MRU Blaster.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yeah....it's an often over looked item in the Help section of MRU Blaster....as it is with many other programs....but glad you got it ironed out to your satisfaction.

Attached Files:

• TIF.gif
      TIF.gif
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
  7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Starlight.

Thanks for getting back to us. Glad you are happy with it.

Cheers, TAS

8. ridgey

ridgey Registered Member

Hi All,

My first post to this forum, sorry it's a poser..

Have installed MRU Blaster at home on windows 98 se and at work windows xp professional, both behave differently -

At home MRB seems to delete cookies, temp files etc, as seen by watching the hd, but when I reboot all files are still present. I currently use MRB then delete using explorer tools, and then I reboot.

At work I thought MRB was working as stated in this forum, but have discovered today, that it is deleting them randomly, sometimes I reboot and they are gone other times they are still there.

Any tips or advice most welcome.

Regards

Ridgey

9. ridgey

ridgey Registered Member

Hi Folks

Me again!.....just to give you an update, as of now, MRB doesn't remove my internet temp. files at all anymore at work.

Have run MRB 3 times and rebooted 3 times, each time they remained.

I'm also wondering if windows security updates are having an effect, since at work we are told to update anytime we receive a prompt from MS.

Cheers..

:)

10. ridgey

ridgey Registered Member

A question?..

I thought this was a forum.. there is obviously a lot of confusion around this matter of TIF files remaining after running mrb...was wondering why no response from anybody so far??

In expectation

Ridgey

11. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi and apologies for the late reply. :)

Improvements to MRU-Blaster are being worked on, including a much more effective TIF cleaning plugin and cookie cleaning plugin, plus some other interesting features.

I hope to also have something neat and new out soon, that should also help you out in your particular situation. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

12. ridgey

ridgey Registered Member

Hi Javacool,

Thanks for replying :)

Look forward to the next version.

Just to repeat myself certainly at work under XP MRB worked as anticipated until recently, and now only removes cookies the TIF files remaining even after a reboot.

Thanks again

Ridgey *puppy*

13. hablapoko

hablapoko Guest

In my Windows 95/98/ME is Ultra easy just paste the following in your
    C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
    Open it with Notepad, paste below al other information, save, you are done!!

deltree /Y c:\windows\cookies\
    deltree /Y c:\windows\history\
    deltree /Y c:\windows\recent\
    deltree /Y c:\windows\tempor~1\

In the other hand if U are using Nt/2000/XP

tell me how to automate this same process cuz I still dont know, but is the same in theory

14. hablapoko

hablapoko Guest

Re: How-To Delete Temporary Internet Files

The problem is that we have to find a way to activate the other AUTOEXEC
    In the System (The NT kind), the issue is that no Form of DOS is to be found active during startup.

The Solution is up to the programers or someone with more data.

WHY?? DO THISo_O
    To avoid having a 3rd Party Program Installed and Running Just do erase those files

I hope someone finds a solution soon to this...THKS 4 ur time..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.