Not an Acronis True Image Archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by angeleye20, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angeleye20

angeleye20 Registered Member

Is there anyway to open a corrupted TIB file? I just need to get a few files off it. I don't need to restore from it.

I get the dreaded "The selected file is not an Acronis True Image archive" error.

I have been able to open this file before.
    The file is on an external USB drive, but I made a copy to my desktop and got the same message.
    I tried to do a check archive, but couldn't recognize the file as an archive in either windows or boot media.

Am I hosed here?

Build 2337

I just need to open it and pull some files off.

Chris

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I think you are, based on some of the other threads posted here. Try mounting the file on the off chance that it will work, (but don't hold your breath). Then you would be able to get the necessary files.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that we recommend that you download and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall build 2337 by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also note that, as mark3 has already pointed out, corrupted disk\partition images can sometimes be mounted by means of the embedded Mount Image tool (the same as Plug Image in build 2337). However, we can not guarantee this. If your image archive can not be mounted as a virtual drive by means of the embedded Mount Image tool then I'm afraid there is no way to recover the data.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.