Not all config settings being deployed

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by afitzwater, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afitzwater

afitzwater Registered Member

I recently installed the RA console and created a config file and package. I tested the deployment on a few systems. All of them got it but there are some settings from the config that did not carry over.

For one, I turned off the balloon tooltips but they are still enabled on the client.

Also, under remote administration, I kept it so the interval between connections to the server is 5 minutes but for some reason it is 10 minutes on the client.

I double checked the config and re-saved it to the package just in case and deployed it to a new system and I get the same result.

Any ideas?

Remote Admin ver: 3.1.15
    NOD32 ver: 4.2

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you also enable the "Suppress user settings" option in the configuration xml?

3. afitzwater

Setting to supress user settings fixed the balloon tooltip issue but not the time interval for connection to the RA. I didn't see a supression setting under the RA section.

4. timid

timid Registered Member

Hi,

the Interval between connections to server is located in the ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus > ESET Kernel > Setup > Remote administration section.

5. afitzwater

Yes, I have found where it is. Like I said, I never changed it from the default 5 minutes, yet when its deployed to a workstation it has a 10 minute interval.

6. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

It sounds like you haven't marked the "Interval between connections to server (min.)" option to be sent down in the policy. If an item isn't marked, then it isn't sent in the policy and the setting remains unchanged on the users desktop. Right click the option and select "Mark" and see if it updates the desktop settings.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best would be if you provide us the configuration xml for perusal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.