Not able to resize partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by horn, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horn

horn Registered Member

Need your urgent help.
    I have dual boot and HD of 40 GB divided in three partitions
    -C:\ WINXP
    -D:\ As archive and
    -G:\ Win 98 SE
    Today ,for the first time try to resize partition C:\ and increase Free Space - to take the free space from partition G:\.(abt 2 GB )
    Used Disc Direktor Suite 9.0 build 918 and following program instructions arrived to last operation.
    But after a while program hangs and a message appear asking me if I like to cancel operation.Click on Yes but all was frozen, so I disconect PC.
    When try again to repeat opration found that on partition G:\ there is no more free space with red crossed sign on it.
    On the properties sreen all disc space was shown as used.
    Now regardless from which partition I try to take the free space , receiving an Error message:
    "Acronis Disc Direktor Suite was not able to increase from space on selected partition.The current size of the selected partition is the maximum possible".
    Please advice me how I can solve this inconvinient because I am practicaly bloced to resize any of my partitions.
    Please note I use Disc Direktor Suite as stand alone apps through OS selector and TI 8.0
    Try also with bootable CD but with the same results ( in safe mode and also in full opertional mode ) , always receiving a/m Error message

2. horn

horn Registered Member

Asking once again answer from one of experts please.
    Need help and advice what to do to be able to resize my partition.
    Maybe my mistake wae because I try to take 2 GB size from OS partition G:\ - not from D:\ ?
    This is very important isue for me, so I hope that help will arrive.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello horn,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please send this report to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  4. horn

horn Registered Member

Problem risolved,thanks for help.
    Partition G;\ WIN 98 SE was gulity and after Disc Clean operation resazing was possible and done successfuly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.