Not able to install Spotify sandboxed on Win10

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by EndreqW, Oct 24, 2016.

1. EndreqW

EndreqW Registered Member

Hello guys,

first of all hello just signed up :)

Everytime when i try to install Spotify in the Sandbox i get the message just "Please install spotify thru a normal account not an admin account".
    This problem is kinda weird as it happens only when i want do so in sandboxie.
    On Windows itself works without problems.

that i have already tryed (nothing worked):
    - rights changed in sandboxie
    - run incompatibility mode
    - run as admin

And just to say it one time more the installation on the main OS works without problems; just when want do that in sandboxie it gives that error out.

Any workarounds guys?

greets
    Flo

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Flo. I know nothing about Spotify but I ran the installer sandboxed in my W7 32 bits laptop, the installation worked out fine. I got no messages. I read that Spotify is for music. After the installation was over, I was presented with an screen asking for Facebook info. I am not a FB kind of guy but I got a Mickey mouse account so I inserted that information. Unfortunately I was told the account was not good or something like that and I couldnt test anymore.

I run as an Administrator. I suggest you test installing Spotify again using a new sandbox and leave settings on default. Perhaps your issue is due to already having Spotify installed in the real system (I am guessing on this here).

Bo

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

EndreqW, I am running spotify though I have not sandboxed it in the past. I was just curious and tried to run it in a test sandbox (right click sandboxie, choosing the sandbox, run any program and selecting the exe file from its location) While I got some error message SBIE2102 (files being too large), spotify opened fine and plays the music.

4. EndreqW

Hey thanks for the answers guys.
    Well on Windows 7 there is generally not that problem Bo; it´s just on Windows 10.

Thanks also beethoven, but it looks like u ran the program just in the sandbox while installed already on normal conditions right?
    It looks like this problem is only when u want to complete install and run spotify thru the Sandbox - let me know if u guys have any other recommendations :)

5. bo elam

beethoven, in case you like to make it a habit running Spotify sandboxed, if despite getting message 2101, Spotify runs fine sandboxed, you can click to hide it next time you get it. You could also allow direct file access to the file named in the body of the message, doing this would solve the reason why you getting that message.

Bo

6. bo elam

7. EndreqW

sup guys,

thanks for replay bo but this update didn´t fixed it so far.
    But some weeks ago update 5.16 fixes this problem complete just back to let u guys know :)

cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.