Not a software problem...WHAT TO BUY?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by balloon_tom, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balloon_tom

balloon_tom Registered Member

Thanks to Scheiber for helping with my first problem!!
    I have been using Norton products for many years but decided to try something else primarily b/c Norton support is so bad. So I bought TI11 from my local Best Buy to solve a cloning job. I had problems, emailed Acronis yesterday (as I'm too cheap to spend $30 everytime I have a simple problem) and as of this writing, still no responce. Now, I'm not real sure about Acronis support. If it weren't for this forum, I'd still be fighting my simple problem.

Anyway, I'm looking for workstation software. I want to be able to:
    1) Clone a drive.
    2) Manipulate (add, delete, resize, merge) partitions.
    3) Have the drive work on any of my machines (small home/office 3 desktops, 2 laptops).

It looks like I need Universal Restore for the last item. But Universal Restore is an add-on to Echo Workstation. The pair is now on sale from Acronis for $100. OK.

It furthur looks like I need Disk Director Suite 10 to handle the partition manipulation. That sells by itself for $50, but is on sale for $80 with TI11.

Cloning appears to need Migrate Easy, which was included with the TI11 Home which I just bought, but does it come with the Disk Director/TI11 pack on sale?

MY QUESTION: What the heck do I need to do what I have listed above, and is Acronis support worth it?

All guidance is appreciated.
    Tom

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

1. True Image (it does do cloning)

2. Disk Director

3. Universal Restore

Thus I would get True Image Workstation + Univeral Restore + Disk Director.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello balloon_tom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that WSFuser is correct. The set that will allow you to perform described operations on non-server Windows operating systems is Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with Acronis Universal Restore add-on, and Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.

Please also be aware that Acronis Universal Restore can only be used with restore operation, not with clone.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image Echo Workstation and Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 in the respective User's Guides.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.