Norton upgrading

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Does Norton let you upgrade to the next released version, like 2007 to 2008, or is there a charge. thank you

2. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

I believe Norton is taking a "subscription" approach now in that for the one year period of your subscription you get the latest engine as well as the latest definitions. I know 2006 allowed you to upgrade to 2007 and I believe that policy is in place for 2008. You can even go to Norton's download page, download the latest version and use your 2006/2007 key to activate it. I have not tried this but I am pretty sure thats the way it works now.

There is no charge for this until your subscription period runs out - then you pay through the nose to upgrade.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=837951&postcount=29

4. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

But pay attention to the maximum number of installs (I don't know what it is actually). Once you exceeded that you won't be able to activate NIS again. This is actually the only, though quite severe, drawback of NIS I found so far.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

It must be a high number... I have installed/uninstalled it many many times to play with other software and haven't had a problem (yet).

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

If that happens you pick up the phone and call a Symantec CSR to reset the key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.