Norton Redirector Update 9 July

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jvmorris, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvmorris

jvmorris Registered Member

See the thread at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10728306~mode=flat . I'm just trying to keep all the feedback centralized this time around.

It looks like this is the 'fix' that has been long awaited by NIS/NPF 2002 users from Symantec since the mid-May 2004 debacle.

However, as I write this, some people (especially NIS/NPF 2003/2004 and NAV only users) seem to be having some problems. If there are additional issues, we need to know ASAP in order to turn it around to Symantec on Monday morning.

If you try this update and have problems, please search for SND532*.* files (probably to be found in your Windows\temp directory) and save them off to a more permanent location. These are plain-text files that can be read with NotePad or WordPad and may contain clues as to what's happened.

2. zcv

zcv Registered Member

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the heads-up.

I just came back from vacation and this redirector update is waiting there - going to wait to see what comes of this.

I can't see any reason to install this at the moment - NAV2002 ONLY user. If I do, I'll post back w/ results at dslreports.

Regards - Charles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.