Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dimiterb2000, Feb 4, 2005.
I have read that there is a default wait period of seven days before the protected files are purged.
Please take a look at this:
Ypu will find it instructive and even amusing!
Here is the solution:
You need to manually remove the files. It is not a wonder solution, but it works fine.
You need to work the old fashion way, with DOS, something from the good ol' days.
This is how you do it:
1) Go to the start menu and select prompt (search for the black and white c:\ icon)
2) When in the dos prompt, type: cd/recycled/nprotect
3) the promt now says C:\recycled\nprotect> - you are now in the problem area (-:
4) type in: del *.* and select yes
5) now the files are deleted, you can check your recycle bin for it, you can close the promt box and return to win xp
Best regards, hope it was any help.
Thanks a lot! Out of station for a while, will try ASAP.
solution part two
I forgot a small detail..
When opening the dos prompt from the start menu, the path will be c:/documents and setting/administrator>
Before step two you need to type: cd.. two times before you get to the root path c:/> and you can proceed with step two.
Another addition i found out after deleting some stuff, when you have turned the norton protected recycle bin off before cleaning the nprotect map manually, no new data will collect in the nprotect map, so your drive will stay clean now and the norton troubles are gone.
I have experienced Norton as very handy, but when installing any norton product you need to take care not to let norton take over control of your own computer, i guess the virus from the terminator movies soon to become reality will be a symantec creation
* in the beginning there was DOS, never forget your roots... *
Separate names with a comma.