Norton Internet Security (NIS 21) replacement?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SPRINTMAN, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPRINTMAN

SPRINTMAN Registered Member

Time here sems to show that our NIS should be replaced. It has been a stirling performer since 2008 or 2009, but time and malware seems to have left it behind. We have MBAM Premium, MBAM Anti-Rootkit, HMP and HMP Alert, RogueKiller, adwcleaner, CryptoPrevent, EAM freeware. Looking at KIS but interested in members ideas on the best to replace NIS on a 'plugin' basis, or should we start from scratch (W7 Home Premium 32-bit).

2. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

This thread will wind up being locked as you are inviting AvB responses

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

If you check the latest AV Comparatives 'Real World Protection Test March 2014' there are at least 7 players with top results. If I were you, I would try them all out and see which one has the least impact on your system.
    http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  5. guest

guest Guest

Since I am an Emsisoft fanboy I'll suggest you to buy a license for EAM instead. It's already installed in your computer anyway, making it easier for you to try it out.

6. SPRINTMAN

Will EAM full version and MBAM Premium both with real time protection 'play nice' together?

7. vojta

vojta Registered Member

8. SPRINTMAN

9. guest

guest Guest

It should be. MBAM guards the system in different level than your main AV. If you have no problems with NIS + MBAM, Avira + MBAM, ESET + MBAM, etc then you shouldn't have problems with EAM + MBAM. Also, JFYI:
    http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/7427-question-about-compatability-with-malwarebytes/

If you still have your trial period then I strongly suggest to test EAM first and see how they behave. Just to be sure.

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts. Let's Focus Only On Norton Internet Security. Thank You.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.